Friday, August 21, 2009

Where has summer gone.......

As JJ and I are sitting wondering what to blog about, we began talking about how Hunting and Football are near. We then begin to ask ourselves, is summer really almost over........

After a week long trip in Dallas, it is so nice to be home. However, JJ and I are really not good without each other. This week while I was gone, JJ's right knee began to bother him again. He went to Ada to the Indian Hospital on Tuesday. His knee is beginning to swell again, making it difficult for him to walk. JJ got a shot and some medicine to help with the swelling. They doctor that he saw, thinks that he may still have gout.

Gout is a disease hallmarked by elevated levels of uric acid in the bloodstream. Gout is characterized by excruciating, sudden, unexpected, burning pain, as well as swelling, redness, warmth, and stiffness in the affected joint. This occurs most commonly in men's toes but can appear in other parts of the body. Low-grade fever may also be present.

The patient usually suffers from two sources of pain. The crystals inside the joint cause intense pain whenever the affected area is moved. The inflammation of the tissues around the joint also causes the skin to be swollen, tender and sore if it is even slightly touched. Gout usually attacks the big toe (approximately 75 percent of first attacks); however, it also can affect other joints such as the ankle, heel, instep, knee, wrist, elbow, fingers, or spine. In some cases, the condition may appear in the joints of small toes that have become immobile due to impact injury earlier in life; the resulting poor blood circulation can lead to gout.

Well for my drama.....this past week, while I was in Dallas, I was taking a showed in the hotel shower, when I lost my balance and fell, hitting the corner of my forehead, eyebrow on the edge of the toilet. After about 30 minutes, my eye began to swell and bruise. The bruise is a lot better today, but it is still pretty purple. JJ said that he was glad that he was not with me, or people might think that he caused the bruise. I just blamed my fall on my roommate (Mecca) who works as an investigator with child welfare, so you can imagine how well that went over!! The funny was that the conference that I was attending in Dallas, was a child abuse conference so that was interesting as well.

JJ and I both went back to work this morning, and we are both relieved that the weekend is here. We have also made a pact that we are going to start frequenting the gym more often. We have both decided that we need to go with each other, so we can have accountability. We have set our weight goals so wish us luck.

Take care and god bless!!
JJ and Jess

No comments: