Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Taylor











Hello all. Well JJ and I went on Sunday and bought a puppy from a breeder in the Tuttle/Blanchard area. Yep, that's right, we have lost our minds [ha!ha! - just kidding] , seriously, we bought a yellow Lab. She is perfect and JJ is crazy about her. He will call me from work in the mornings and ask me how his two favorite girls are doing, I love it!! As you can imagine it has been a little bit hectic at our house this week. We are still working on finding the perfect name for her. We looked online last night at dog names and we both really like the name Abby. She is 8 weeks old and we can already tell in this short amount of time that she has grown since we first brought her home. The breeder said that he thinks that she will be around 80 pounds when she is finished growing, she will be a big girl. We brought her home on Sunday and stopped off at my parents house on the way home to show her off. They both thought that she was really cute, and Barrett loved her. He wanted to keep playing with her and run around the yard with her, sorry Papa!! As you can imagine, this was a huge culture shock for the other three dogs that we have. They are much older and they are not quite sure how to handle Miss Abby just yet. All that she wants to do is play, play, play, and all they want do is sleep, sleep, sleep. However, they are trying to adapt to her the best that they can but they are still having difficulty at times. She did really well the night before last [Wednesday night] and she did okay last night. She wanted to get up a couple of times, so JJ got up with her and took her outside to the bathroom. He is going to be a great daddy!! I know that he will be as great, when we finally have a little Taylor running around the house. JJ has been working with her every night and training her to fetch and release. She is doing such a great job and catching on really quickly. I think that when he finally takes her with him to hunt, that I might really miss her.




We are still working on the house, it really seems like that is all that we do anymore. JJ loves the new sprinkler system, even though he had some kinks in some of the sprinkler heads, he fixed them all. He is a water maniac!! I am afraid to finally see our water bill this month. I think that we have our weekend cut out for us though. He is going over to our friend Mark's house to build a fence [for Mark's new puppy] and I am hoping that we get to work on the flower beds this weekend, because Lowe's is having a big 50% off sale. Then of course this is our house cleaning weekend so we will be busy with that. Other than that, things are going great, married life is wonderful and I could not be happier. Check back soon for more updates. Love you all and happy early birthday to Brendan. We miss you all!!!






2 comments:

Holly said...

Abby is MUCH better than Millie!!! Sounds like you guys have a busy weekend! We decided very last minute to have Brendan's b-day party tomorrow. I have soooo much to do tonight, I guess I won't be running (save that for in the morning to get my energy up!)

Jessica and Patrick said...

she is such a great addition to your family no matter what her name is! keep up the pictures!