Well, I have been begging JJ to let me buy cabinets for the utility room. One because I can't believe that a utility room can be completely functional without some type of cabinet/storage area and two because I think that if JJ and i ever go to sell this house, then having cabinets/storage will help on the re-sell value of the home. So, JJ and I have been looking and pricing cabinets for over seven months, well unfortunately for us, due to the economy/inflation, the price of cabinets have gone up to over $400.00. Needless to say this did not make my husband to happy, so after looking, measuring, pricing, measuring, rethinking and pricing some more, we decided that we would be brave and buy unfinished cabinets and do the rest ourselves. This really sounded like a good idea to me, I really didn't know at the time how intensive the work was going to be once we got the cabinets home, but I was excited because we saved lots of money buying the unfinished cabinets.
Before I go any further, for those of you who don't know, my husband is the son of a retired finish carpenter, therefore any kind of house project that we set out to do, has to be to his perfection, so the nightmares begin. No, it really was not that bad. Here are the before and after pictures.
Before:
After:
Okay, so JJ and I are still earning the title fish killers. We cannot seem to keep any fish alive. We now have two new nemos, one fox face fish, one yellow tang and one black and white damsel (that Sonya refers to as the referee) fish and a sea urchin named Spike. I like to call the nemos Boomer and Sooner, however if you ask JJ he will tell you that there names are Pistol Pete and Bullet.
JJ's Fish Tank
Jess's Fish Tank
Boomer and Sooner/Pistol Pete and Bullet
Foxy and Bubbles {in JJ's tank}
JJ and I have also been working like crazy in our front yard. We took a trip to Marcum's nursey, Lowes and Horn Seed and bought lots of trees, flowers and a climbing rose bush. JJ also got the flag pole that he has been wanting. At some point we are going to have to conquer the backyard, but first we are going to have guttering put in. Hopefully we will get that done before the end of the month. Once the guttering is in place, we will then start with adding trees, plants and flowers!!
Well, that is about all for now. As you can see we have been working like crazy around the house making improvements. JJ has been also fishing alot lately with his tournament trail, so please so wish him luck. BTW to my college roomate Angie - yeah, I finally updated the blog. Miss you tons!!!
We love and miss you all. Take Care!!


1 comment:
Hey, who you calling old??? :-)
Post a Comment