Tuesday, March 17, 2009

R.I.P. Lonnie the Lawnmower Fish

Hello everyone. Well I am sad to have to start this blog off by saying that JJ and I are fish killers. We don't really kill the fish, but after they are dead, we flush them down the toilet and send them to fishy heaven.


JJ and I have both come the conclusion that the blue damsels that we bought are so mean and aggressive that they have killed three of our fish, including JJ's favorite fish Lonnie. After JJ's brief morning period over Lonnie, we took a road trip to the fish store and to our great surprise, our water test was good and we got the thumbs up to purchase more fish. So as of today, the Taylor family is growing [that is in fish size in case of any of you had any different ideas]. In JJ's tank we have a fox face fish, a yellow tang fish, a puffer fish, a black and white damsel and two [unique] maroon clown fish. In my tank, there are two clown fish [otherwise known as the Nemo fish] and one Lawnmower fish. Yes, I got a Lawnmower fish in remembrance of the original Lonnie. JJ has named him Lonnie Jr. or Lonnie the second.

Well, fishing season has officially began. JJ is fishing the OKC Bass Fishing Trail with his friend Tony from Chickasha. Last weekend was the first tournament and it took place at Lake Murray. JJ and Tony got up bright and early about 3:45am Saturday morning and drove to the lake. The tournament had just began, JJ and Tony had pulled up to their first fishing spot for that day, when JJ realized that the trolling motor was broke. Needless to say he was not to happy about that. JJ said that he was thankful for Tony being there otherwise he might have put the boat back on the trailer and headed home. Tony was able to rig the trolling motor so one of them could guide it while the other one fished. Unfortunately they were only able to catch two fish and JJ broke off on one, so they were only able to weigh in two fish total. I asked JJ what they placed and he told that I did not need to put that in the blog, instead I only needed to type that they did not do very well. So they did not do very well and they did not get a check. He has two tournaments in April so hopefully he will make up for it.

I think that is about all for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Still no baby news, so please keep your fingers crossed and keep us in your prayers. Hopefully god will not keep us waiting too much longer. We love and miss you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that his name is/was Lonnie the Lawnmower fish. Matt and I had a fish named Manny the Mayonaise fish...but obviously mayonaise isn't a real kind of fish. It was jut a funny name. But he had a suicide mission down the kitchen sink, so now we have Colonel Mustard.

Angie said...

So sorry to hear about your fishy. That's why I won't let Logan get fish, pretty sure I'd kill them too! Good luck with your new ones!