Friday, January 22, 2010

Where have you gone January?

Wow, it is crazy to think that January is almost over and we will be into the second month of 2010. Unfortunately in the Taylor household that means that it is tine to clean out the office and get everything ready for tax season. The problem that I have with tax season (other than the fact that we usually have to pay in), is that JJ and his dad - yes they were born on the same day - celebrate their birthday on April 14th. Yes, the day before our income taxes are due. I have felt over the past two years, that we usually get hit with a double whammy in April. So, this year, I thought that I would ask the hubby extra early about what he wants for his birthday so I could start saving.

Well, lets just say that when JJ told me what he wanted, I was a little surprised, I mean after all it is his birthday and what exactly do you get the hunter/fisherman who pretty much has everything.......to my surprise, JJ told me that he wants to buy a camper/trailer for his birthday. JJ said that he knows that this would be the only way that I would go out and go camping with him (if I have access to a toilet and a shower). Instead of focusing on him and what he needed or wanted, he wants a camper/trailer.

After thinking about this for several days, I came to the conclusion that marriage is all about the little things.....I feel it's the same with life. The little things that lift us up, the moments in between the grand events, celebration, gifts, and etc. If the little things are good, the big will be even better. Little did JJ know that when I first met him, I knew that he was amazing. JJ has the uncanny ability to make people feel special. When JJ and I committed to each other, I knew that our life together would be wonderful. I have never felt as sure about any decision in my life than the decision I made to marry him. How thankful I am that he asked me to be his wife (two years ago) and that God’s hand guided our every step to the altar!

Enjoy the little things in life!!
God Bless, the Taylors.

No comments: