Friday, January 9, 2009

Mourning/Abby's First Hunt

Hello everyone. I have to be honest and tell you that I am a little sad after the BCS Championship game last night, so I am wearing black and I am in mourning today.

Anyway, JJ took Abby out on her first duck hunt last weekend. Yes, he got up early Sunday morning in the below freezing weather and took Abby with him. Sometimes I think that he has lost it and he is absolutely crazy. He said that it was probably not the best time to take her out since it was below freezing, but he said she did great. JJ did feel bad for her because she was covered with ice, so him being the wonderful man that he is, gave her his hunting jacket. Yes, he placed his coat over her to try and warm her up. What a sweetie. However, with Abby taking after her mommy and being the stubborn girl that she is, really did not want his jacket. JJ said that he killed some ducks and when they would land in the water, Abby would attempt to go into the water and retrieve them. He said that she had lots of enthusiasm in the water, but she would only go belly deep. So once the weather warms up, he has more water training to do with her.

JJ's dad is out of the hospital and doing well, however he is still a little sore at times. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers. We miss and love you all!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a cute picture of them hunting. I wish Abby the best, that water gets COLD!!