Monday, December 29, 2008

Its Christmas Time

I absolutely 100% love this time of year. I love giving gifts and I enjoy watching those dear to me, who I love open them. Not only that, but JJ stayed home this weekend, which made Christmas that much better. We figured it up and since October, he has only been home for an entire weekend, two times. So as you can imagine, what a wonderful Christmas surprise to me, he stayed home for the weekend.

The Tuesday before Christmas, JJ and I went over to my mom and dad's house to celebrate with all of my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. My mom counted them all up and with the exception of my oldest nephew and his wife and son [he and his wife are both stationed in Las Vegas], there are seventeen of us. That is a lot. I could hardly believe it when my mom told me that. Here are some pictures from that evening.













My nephew Jacob who is already a huge OU fan......










His sister Jill. She is the youngest girl in our family. Both of them are my older brother's children.



















The younger boys Barrett and Preston, both my sister's children.

Well, we got up bright and early Christmas morning not only to see what goodies that Santa brought us, but his mom and dad were going to come over and celebrate. His mom and I cooked a big breakfast for the men in our lives, and after breakfast, we hung around watching television, waiting on my parents and sister and her two boys to come over so we could begin opening presents. JJ had said long ago that since we purchased the new big screen and surround sound, that we were not going to exchange gifts, because that was our present. So, guess how far that went......you guessed it not too far. Santa filled JJ's stocking with all kinds of goodies, including a new game for his Wii [Rafael's fishing freenzy], some cologne, a CD that he has been dying to have, and lots and lots of candy. I was also fortunate because Santa filled my stocking too. I got a new touch screen cell phone, a new charm for my charm bracelet and yes, more candy for my husband to devour. Miss Abby even got some goodies from Santa. He brought her an entire box of Slim Jim's [for those of you who know, Abby loves to eat Slim Jim's for treats], and two new chew toys. She was all set.

After we opened all of the wonderful presents under the tree, we just hung around and watched movies. At one point in the day, JJ decided that he was going to take a nap, so instead of laying around anymore, his mom and dad, and myself went down to Riverwind Casino in Norman to gamble. It was so busy, we could hardly find a parking spot. Who would have thought that there would have been that many people out gambling on Christmas day, but that place was packed. I am really not much of a gambler, so I was not expecting to win much, but I won almost one hundred dollars. I was so excited and I kept thinking, what a way to help ease the Christmas expense. We had a really good time, so much so, that we gambled for over three hours in that place. After we left, we just went back to house, ate dinner with JJ and then just hung out some more at the house.

Since this was one of the few weekends that I have had JJ home, we stayed in our pj's all day on Friday. It was awesome, we did however get out at one point, to go grocery shopping. Future note to self....do not take the husband to the grocery store when he is already hungry. I never thought we were going to get out that place. After we finished grocery shopping, we stoped by Braums to get milk and lunch. Then we went on home and began watching movies that we had rented from the redbox. Yes, you heard that right, even though my husband works for a local cable company, we still rent from the redbox. We watched Stepbrothers, Horton hears a Who (my husbands choice) and Hancock, which we both really enjoyed. On Saturday, we got up, JJ cooked me breakfast and we then began cleaning the house and taking down the Christmas decorations. We even began decorating our extra guest room [for Blake]. The only thing that we have left to do, is take the Christmas lights off the house.




















Here are the pictures of our OU house. Sorry it took me so long to post them. I kept trying to get a better picture, but was unsuccessful, so these two are not my favorites, but they will do.


One more thing, JJ's dad is going to have surgery tomorrow morning, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate everyones well wishes. I will update you as soon as I know how everything went. Hope you enjoyed all of the pictures. We love and miss you all!!

No comments: