Monday, December 8, 2008

Catch up......

Hello everyone, sorry it has been awhile since our last post. First I have to announce that we have very BIG news.......no, we are not having a baby, but JJ shaved!!! Yes, can you believe it. He FINALLY shaved that scary growth off of his face. My baby is back and I could not be happier. He wants me to add that even though me (his wife) and Ellyse did not approve of the beard, Abby liked it. I just think he is needing to feel some acceptance, so leave it up to Miss Abby to make him feel justified in keeping it for as long as he did.

Well, my little man had a birthday, yes, Barrett turned 4 on Sunday and had his birthday party Saturday night at McDonalds. He had so much fun and he got tons of toys. He is going to be set for a while and Christmas is not even here yet. I still can't get over the fact, that he is four-years-old. He is growing so fast and talking so much. You can carry on a complete conversation with him, and of course I just think he is the smartest little boy ever. After the birthday party, my mom and I met up with Sonya and Shannon at the Warren Movie Theater in Moore and cheered the Sooners to a third straight Big 12 Championship. We had lots of fun and it was awesome to wawtch it on the movie screen. Talk about being up close and personal!!

JJ came home on Sunday after after hunting in Chickasha and Rush Springs with Tony (aka Champ), Jon and Steven. He left on Friday right after work and came home Sunday afternoon. This hunting trip was a little different because this was the very first time he took Miss Abby. Can you believe that she is almost 6 months old. She is getting so big and she is really smart. He has done a great job working with her and training her. JJ said that on Sunday she ran over 2 miles. He also said that he shot a bird for her and she went nuts. JJ and I both think that she is going to be a really good hunting dog. When he brought her back home on Sunday she fell asleep on the floor and did not move the entire night. She was sleepy and worn out. I just hope that she missed her momma, because I missed her!!

Please send your thoughts and prayers to JJ and his family. His dad recently found out that he has an anurism on his aorta. He is meeting with the vascular surgeon tomorrow to find out what needs to be done to fix it. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry no pictures, I forgot my camera this weekend. That is about all that I have to write about for now. JJ is cooking fajitas tonight and they are almost finished so I have to go but I will post more later. We love and miss everyone, take care.

No comments: